On 2 December, 2018, Tyler Perry and BeyGOOD made an incredible announcement at Global Citizen Festival: Mandela 100 –– supporting employment on the African continent through the Global Citizen Fellowship. 2022 marks the fourth year of the program, and what’s more, we’re extending to Kenya!
Applications are now open for the Global Citizen Fellowship Program Powered by BeyGOOD.
Global Citizen is looking for 5 South African, 5 Nigerian, AND 5 Kenyan young people to each engage in a full-time, paid, year-long fellowship aligned to one of Global Citizen’s four pillars of activity: creative, campaigns, rewards, and marketing.
Powered by BeyGOOD, the Global Citizen Fellowship Program will unearth African youth with remarkable potential.
This dynamic program will take fellows through a five-phase curriculum, specifically designed to equip them with the skills and tools they need to thrive –– now, and in future professional environments.
So if you’re South African, Nigerian, or Kenyan, and between the ages of 21 and 25, or have a family member or friend you think should apply, head over to our website for the eligibility criteria and information on how to apply.
- Ages 21-25 (by time of application)
- South African, Nigerian and Kenyan residents and citizens only
- Applicants without a tertiary qualification preferred
- Applicants should be able to prove that they are active Global Citizens, either through the work they do in their communities or through Global Citizen’s website and/or app (Google Play Store OR App Store)
- Applicants should be available full-time from 19 July 2022-30 June 2023
- We encourage those with an annual family household income of under R120 000 / 3055563 Naira / KES 18169368,00, and/or families that are headed by a single parent
- South African applicants must house themselves in Johannesburg, and Nigerian applicants in Lagos.
- Kenyan applicants can be based anywhere in the country, and will participate virtually.
- Those from minority and underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply