Malala Fund champions every girl’s right to 12 years of free, safe, quality education. Our Girls Programme gives girls the tools they need to advocate for education and equality in their communities and a platform for the world to hear their voices. By supporting youth activists, investing in local organisations and amplifying the voices of young women, Malala Fund is creating a world where girls have the agency to address the barriers standing in the way of their dreams. The Malala Fund Girls Programme is currently welcoming applications for its latest grants cycle.
Our grants support feminist and women-led movements, groups and organisations addressing the barriers preventing girls and young women from completing their education. Grants range between $75,000-$100,000 USD and can be used for general operating support or projects over a 12-month to three-year period.
Malala Fund welcomes applications from those who meet the following criteria:
- You are a non-government organisation (NGO), community-based organisation (CBO) or movement in Bangladesh, Brazil, Ethiopia, India, Nigeria, Pakistan or Tanzania.
- Your work supports girls and young women ages 10–24 who are unable to develop their agency and realise their rights due to systemic inequalities, discrimination or oppression.
- You do not have to be formally registered to receive funding — except in India where we require national and Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA) registration and an organisational bank account that enables you to receive foreign funding.
- You identify as or are working towards becoming a feminist and/or women-led organisation. Malala Fund defines feminism as working towards equal rights and opportunities for all genders and to dismantle systems of oppression — but recognises that feminism depends on context and circumstance, and welcomes all kinds of feminist movements, groups and organisations. We define women-led as at least 51% owned, operated and controlled by one or more females.
- Your movement, organisation or group has been operational for at least one year.
- You have an annual budget of less than $150,000 USD. Note: Malala Fund will still consider your application if your annual budget is above $150,000 USD but will prioritise those with budgets below this threshold.
For more details and to apply for funding from the Malala Fund Girl Programme, see here.
Applications are due by Friday, January 28, 2022.