The SDGs in Action Film Festival, coordinated by the UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN DESA), seeks to showcase powerful storytelling from grass-root filmmakers and highlight how people and organizations around the world are taking action for the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The 2021 Festival accepted entries in three categories and has received over 1000 submissions from 90+ countries:
- Rebuilding communities from COVID-19
- Protecting our planet
- Advancing gender equality.
UN DESA is pleased to present the 6 films included in the official selection:
- ASHA: Stories of leprosy and hope – Alberto Pla Monfort, Spain
- Aurora – Emilio José Álvarez García, Mexico
- Invisible Helpers – Anna Marry, Ellie Suttle, United Kingdom
- Limit – Debasish Mazumder, Bangladesh
- Saudade – Sandra Duarte Cardoso, Tiago Iúri, Portugal
- To survive – Nazzinda Ruth, Uganda
What you need to do? Help pick the “People’s Choice” Winner by watching all six films in the official selection and vote for your favorite film at bit.ly/SDGFilmFest.
Voting closes at 8 p.m. 11 July 2021 (EDT).
Award winners will be recognized at the virtual Award Ceremony on 12 July 2021, 11 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. (EDT) to be live-streamedon UN WebTV (webtv.un.org).