Are you a Green Economy changemaker actively equipping people with green skills?
Ashoka and HSBC are collaborating on the first-of-its-kind Green Skills Innovation Challenge. This global innovation competition is open to social entrepreneurs in selected markets with ventures that equip individuals and communities with the skills needed to thrive in the transition to a green economy.
As we look towards a post-pandemic world, we have an opportunity to shape a recovery that leverages solutions that address the climate crisis and promote health, equality, and financial wellbeing.
This Green Economy requires a workforce equipped with robust green skills—the competencies that allow individuals to step into new green jobs or transition aspects of their current careers towards jobs that will have positive impacts on the planet.
The Green Skills Innovation Challenge will award social entrepreneurs with up to $20,000 of grant funding from a total prize fund of $230,000. We’re looking for social entrepreneurs with ventures which recognize:
- The power of multi-solving. Green skills can bring about an inclusive and sustainable future, solving the climate crisis along with social problems
- Everyone is necessary. As environmentally harmful jobs are phased out, people’s valuable skills can be repurposed towards growth sectors in the green economy
- Young people are critical. With green skills, youth across the world will be able to jump into the green economy with confidence and thrive
- April 5: Challenge opens (During this time, participants may submit entries, edit, and resubmit until the entry deadline)
- June 4 at midnight UK time: Final entry deadline
- June 5 –June 25: Application screening and feedback
- June 28: Semifinalists announced
- Early July to late July: Semifinalists can refine applications
- Late July to late August: Second round of screening
- September: Judges review and due diligence
- September 30: Winner announcement
- October to December: Funding and winner support